[Simh] PDP-12

dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jun 6 13:27:51 EDT 2015

Il 06/06/2015 18:10, Tom Morris ha scritto:
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Bob Supnik <bob at supnik.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for the simulator pointer, but no, I can't use it.
>>
>> SimH is licensed under an MIT/X11/do-anything-you-damned-well-want Open
>> Source license. Andreas' is using GPL v2, which is viral and contaminating.
>> I don't want SimH entangled with GPL v2 or v3 components. The lesser or
>> library GPL v2 license is fine.
>
> It looks to me like the author switched from GPL v2 to MIT back in 2010.
>
> https://github.com/andysan/greenpea/commit/43ca86e351859d9187b5b0fe97698923c4641b57

someone can clarify the contraddiction between what mr. Philgren and Mr.
Morris re. greenpea PDP-12 emulator license ?

side note, someone can assess if the scant documentation available about
PDP-5 is enough for at least a preliminary implementation ? (aside that
there's still many things to do on -8's front.. first and foremost the
DECTape mark issue (I'm still occasionally banging my head around
DECSYSTEM-7...)

of course upgrading /PDP8 into a /PDP12b is a welcome improvement, at
least for me...

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.