[Simh] PDP-12

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sat Jun 6 10:09:09 EDT 2015

   I had replied but hadn't noticed the reply didn't go to the list.
www.pdp8online.com and www.pdp8.net point to the same site. For historical
reasons the site was origionally started under pdp8.net which I don't
control the domain name for. I do control pdp8online so that is the
preferred site for any links. pdp8.net without the www hasn't worked
for a number of years.

There are a lot of LINCtape images at url below. It's possible some I labeled
PDP-12 could have been from an earlier machine. There are also some
RK05 packs that have PDP-12 stuff on them under os8. Also the
dial-decus.tu56 under os8 has some PDP-12 graphics games that may be
useful for testing.
http://www.pdp8online.com/images/index.shtml

On Lyles tapes:
http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctech/2015-May/005486.html

On:
Mattis of
www.datormuseum.se is working on a TU5X to usb interface with
intention of archiving his 8 and 12 tapes.

When the reder pile of tapes passed through to archive before going to
new homes it was more than my klunky modified TD8E was going to
read in a reasonable time so I wrote/ported code to a beaglebone black to
talk to the drive using the TD8E interface (TU56 with G888). That code
can read almost all DECtape formats. I have one likely PDP-7 tape that
it doesn't read.

If tapes need reading and they can be sent to me I can read them.

I will contact Mattis to see if any of this is useful to him.