[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 138, Issue 37

Leo Broukhis leob at mailcom.com
Fri Jul 17 14:48:52 EDT 2015

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:18:34 +0200, Hans-Ulrich Hölscher
<hoelscher-kirchbrak at freenet.de> wrote:

>>> That sounds like the really easy way to do it.   Does it copy>> track 0 of RX01/02 floppies?> > I had some experience with RX01/02 floppies when reviving LSX using> logical copies of the disks. Track 0 will be logically at the very > end. The problem is with media size 256256: if the logical block size> is 512,  two physical 128-byte sectors (the boot sectors) will be> lost, and the logical copy will be 256000 bytes long.> > Leo
>
> I must admit I used my VMS MOUNT/FOR & COPY method only with RX50 floppies and RD and RZ disks.
> Leo, what method did you use?
> I was quite sure my method catches ALL sectors ...

On some Unix V6, "od /dev/rx0" or similar was used, and the serial
console output was intercepted.
Disk devices are block devices (raw access to block devices not yet
invented, so no "/dev/rrx0" :( ), and the block size is 512, thus only
256000 bytes were returned.

Leo