[Simh] vector images

khandy21yo khandy21yo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:49:19 EDT 2015

Long ago, there was an ooerating system for intel 8080 based machines called cpm.
Many companies builf computers that  used this operating system, like the altair, imsai, osborne, kaypro, and vector graPhics to name a few.
Many years later, the rimh altairz80 emulator was written with the abiliry ro emulate the vector graphic machines, but the only copy of the necessary config and disk images  was wrapped up in a miceosoft install file called setup.msi.
This file format requires a microsoft windoes setup to extract the files into a ubable form, whike installing many extra libraries ans applications sure to render your windiws machine unusable.
What I would like is to get the disk images and config files witgout sacrificing a windows machine, which I would gave to borroe ftom an unsuspecting victim.
The install file setup.msi was found by following the instructions in the altairz80 manual.