[Simh] SimH and multi-core host processors

lists at openmailbox.org lists at openmailbox.org
Thu Jul 16 04:13:54 EDT 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:01:49 -0700
Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM, lists at openmailbox.org wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:21:20 -0700
> > Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Simh v3.8-1 did not detect idle for OpenBSD operating systems.  The
> > > latest github codebase does.  Throttling will probably not be
> > > necessary anywhere.
> >
> > Oh that is great news. When will this hit release? Or does that concept
> > not apply? I know it's been a while since the last "official" release.
>
> Given the fact that the current code state is visible to all in the
> github repo, the need for formal releases is significantly lessened.

Yes, I was thinking maybe the concept of an official release didn't apply
but I wanted to ask because I didn't know whether the development sources
were subject to breakage or not. You clarified that:

> The current code is in the "best" state almost all of the time.

Great news. I'll use that from now on then.

> Issues raised in the github issue system
> (https://github.com/simh/simh/issues) or here on the simh list often are
> fixed quickly and the best code is then available to all.

Thanks to you and everybody working on and contributing to SIMH. It's one
of the few truly portable pieces of code I've seen in a while!