[Simh] Off topic: ULTRIX question

David Holland david.w.holland at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:41:49 EDT 2015

Has Oracle changed its position with regards to patch availability for
the freely available downloads of Solaris x86?

Last I heard, patches were not available with out a support contract.

( Granted, HP is no better with its position towards VMS patches, but
at least (last I checked) VMS wasn't terribly attractive option for
the script kiddies. )

Unfortunately, as far as I know, if you want a free (as in beer)
patched Unix-alike, your choices are a Linux based distribution, or a
Linux based distribution. Which is unfortunate.

Here's hoping someone will set out to prove me wrong.   :-)

David