[Simh] Hardware fidelity in the VAX family simulators

Sean O'Banion sean at obanion.us
Wed Jul 8 23:32:43 EDT 2015

STABACK for the 730 was 3 or 4 TU58s, with the command parse table on the last tape,
When I typed BACUP, it would spend about 5 minutes running the tape forward and rewinding until it concluded there was no such command…
After the TU80 was added, I could boot from the RL02 and backup the R80 to tape.

The Math Dept. instructor who was in charge but had never managed VMS (well, neither had I…) had me exactly once run a backup/image/log/verify to the LA120 console.

Sean