[Simh] Booting the vax750 simulator.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 16:21:49 EDT 2015

A little bit of update to this. The very image I created on the Microvax 2
simulator which didn't boot on the vax750 simulator booted just fine on the
real thing. So there has to be some kind of bug inside the simulator as far
I understand it.

%%

@@

Patch Control Store is Present

Done loading Patch bits and PCS

Ultrixboot - V4.0  Sat Mar 31 04:11:56 EST 1990

Sizes:

text = 593304

data = 100864

bss  = 320516

Starting at 0x2d4d

ULTRIX V4.0 (Rev. 161) System #1: Thu May 20 23:26:51 GMT+0100 1976

real mem  = 8388608

avail mem = 5921792

using 204 buffers containing 838656 bytes of memory

VAX 11/750, hardware level = 0x8c, microcode level = 99

mcr0 (MS750) at address 0xf20000

uba0 at address 0xf30000

uda0 at uba0

uq0 at uda0 csr 172150 vec 774, ipl 15

ra1 at uq0 slave 1 (RA81)

ra0 at uq0 slave 0 (RA81)

WARNING: todr too small -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

Sun Jun 20 23:35:50 GMT+0100 1976

Automatic reboot in progress...

/dev/ra0a: 596 files, 5592 used, 9959 free (143 frags, 1227 blocks, 0.9%
fragmentation)

/dev/rra0d: umounted cleanly

check quotas: done.

savecore: checking for dump...dump does not exist

local daemons: syslog sendmail.

Removing remnant Opser files

preserving editor files

clearing /tmp

standard daemons: update cron accounting network snmpd.

start errlog daemon - elcsd

Sun Jun 20 23:36:51 GMT+0100 1976

ULTRIX V4.0 (Rev. 161) (vax)

login: root

Password:

Last login: Sun Jun 20 23:35:25 on console

ULTRIX V4.0 (Rev. 161) System #1: Thu May 20 23:26:51 GMT+0100 1976

                Digital Equipment Corporation

                Nashua, New Hampshire

*** SOFTWARE INSTALLATION PROCEDURE COMPLETE ***

The following files were created during the installation procedure:

/vmunix                         - customized kernel

/genvmunix                      - generic kernel

/usr/adm/install.log            - installation log file

/usr/adm/install.FS.log         - file systems log file

/usr/adm/install.DEV.log        - special device log file