[Simh] One last LGP-30/21 question - testing document available?

B Degnan billdeg at buzz1.com
Wed Feb 11 14:44:40 EST 2015

Just curious....last message in a bottle on the subject of the LGP SIMH:

I know that the SIMH for the LGP-21/30 was made official, so I assume there
was a test process to approve and confirm that one could load and run the
bootstrap and perform tape operations.  Can this test be made available?
Perhaps someone more closely involved in this project will have a
clue/communique from the past that details the process undergone to make
this SIMH build "official".  With this I might be able to create the
software others can download to run LGP on SIMH.

I am pretty much convinced that the bootstrap instructions need to be
entered in 8 character binary format.  There does not appear to be a
pre-loaded bootstrap.  What I have not yet determined for sure are the
Flexowriter equivalent command keys.  I have found program listings with
lines like "0gwc0000" and I can only guess this is shorthand for a
combination line containing routine flexo-hex and program mnemonic
instructions.

Regardless, I will keep at it as I have been making progress.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Degnan