[Simh] Multiple telnet ports in SimH to RSTS/E 9.6

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Thu Dec 31 19:09:02 EST 2015

On Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Clem Cole wrote:
> Which brings me a question for Mark and Bob?   IIRC simh does not support
> the DH, only the DZ.   I think I saw there was support for one of the QBUS
> DH's but not the real thing.  If that's true, how hard would it be to make
> it support the regular DH?

There is Qbus and Unibus DH support.  The simh device name is VH.  If you
can demonstrate that it doesn't work as expected on some OS it can be fixed.

> Ken is someone  I will add to Warren's UNIX people list at some point
>  BTW: At one point I got him to make a really cool product - which I think
> I have seen Noel also refer and ask about -- the Enable11 which was an
> UNIBUS cache card with a MMU on it, which he and I collaborated on
> (my first "published" paper - years ago).  Anyway it allowed you to get
> 22 bit addressing on an 11/40 class system - did not solve the I/D issue,
> but was a major help for 11/34A systems (again adding that to simH
> would might make some sense.  2.xBSD will recognize it on boot and use it).

If there are detailed programming specs for this you should be able to
add it to the simulator without much trouble.  It would be significantly
harder working backwards from the 2.xBSD driver.  Feel free to take a
crack at it.

- Mark