[Simh] SIMH console settings for escape sequence support

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Thu Dec 31 17:01:47 EST 2015

Jacob Goense writes:
> Terminal emulators do a good job here. What I'm still looking for is
> something that accurately behaves like a KSR-33. With a quick hack I
> got a javascript terminal emulator to look like it, but that's as
> close as I got. http://dugo.home.xs4all.nl/ksr33.png (yes, I know
> they rarely came with a pipe)

Funny, I actually got halfway through implementing one [a toy
one with one page and no scrollback, anyway]... overstriking
works, and it detects bold (double strike of the base character)
and underline (any overstrike of the underscore), then I got
bored and turned it into an ADM-3A, VT-52 and then a toy ANSI
subset emulator. All that's left really though for what I
understand of what a TTY-33 can do is half line feeds. Unless
there are other escape sequences I don't know about.

My main goal at the time was to try out vi's hardcopy open mode,
so I didn't need half line feeds.

I don't have a good drawing strategy for mixing reverse video
and half linefeeds, but I'd just disable reverse video.