[Simh] Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Dec 18 23:52:45 EST 2015

Well, about two months since my last announcement, and some improvements
have been done, so I figured I should do another one.

I've cut a new release of TCP/IP for RSX, and I encourage everyone to
update to this latest release.

A short list of changes since my last release:

TCP:
. Performance improvements. TCP timers have been redesigned for better
performance. This gave FTP a performance increase of about 15$.
. TCP negative ACK detection has been improved.
, TCP receive packet handling have been redesigned for better
performance, and better code structure.
. Added guards against data received after FIN.
. Bugfix in SPOOF hostname printouts when filter was cleared.
. Bugfix in tcp timers that could cause a close to take a very
long time to clean up.

FTP:
. Bugfix in user verification code which could cause program
to crash. This affected ftpd.
. Changed ftp and ftpd to create files without max record length when
dealing with binary files.

TELNET:
. Added exit handler to telnetd, so that telnetd cannot be aborted
while active sessions exist.

HTTPD:
. Improved webserver handling of binary files.

As usual, the distribution is available from:
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.dsk
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.tap
ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/pdp11/rsx/tcpip/tcpip.dsk

The documentation is also available through ftp on Mim, or also at
http://mim.update.uu.se/tcpipdoc

Note! I've realized that BQTCP/IP do not work right if you have a
PDP-11/74 with multiple processors online. I'll fix that at some point,
as it's probably just a case of affinity not being set on devices, nor
relevant processes. This might only be a problem with telnet in fact. I
know for sure that the IP and TCP drivers works ok in multiprocessor
systems.

	Johnny