[Simh] Old school programming with wiresnips and a question about debugging standalone assembly

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Dec 16 20:46:15 EST 2015

Indeed.  I remember pointing out to Dennis at the time that the uSRV3 boot strap code for the 3B was larger than the V7 kernel.

That said as much as I miss the simplicity of v6 & v7 I would find It hard to use in my daily life without some of the tools we have today.  Ie how we told Will to add things like more(1) and vi(1) from the BSD tapes ASAP.    Plus not having networking can be tough (although adding networking can be done as 2.9BSD demonstrates and think about what Johnny had to do to RSX to get an IP stack on it.)
Clem

Sent from my iPhone