[Simh] Datacraft 6024/3 (was Re: Looking for a working 9-track magtape transcription setup)

Ron Young rly1 at embarqmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:05:48 EST 2015

Hi:

	While I can't help with the tape drive issue, I can provide
	some background about the machine...

	The datacraft 6024 is the same architecture family as the Harris
	Hxxx machines (IIRC the 6024/3 was rebadged as H300 series).

	In addition to academic sites, the u.s. army corp of engineers had
	alot of these machines.

	So if software for the Hxxx series of Harris machines is found it
	would be useful for this class of machine as well.

	I was a systems programmer on Harris H800 at UNLV for several years
	in the early 80's so I may be able to help with software/OS questions.

	On the Harris, the os was called vulcan (and later VOS) that may
	help on search terms.

	-ron
Ron Young				rly1 at embarqmail.com