[Simh] Mark's mailbox full

Armistead, Jason BIS Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Mon Aug 10 11:06:06 EDT 2015

I actually find it interesting how much it reveals about the target e-mail and account configuration

We know he's running VMS
We know he has a disk called $DISK3:
We know his user space is under $DISK3:[MARK]
And we know we've successfully filled his disk, thus denying some level of service and system functionality

In this era of hackers that feed off this sort of exposed data, I doubt any modern mail server would be game to post back so much configuration-specific information that could be used to aid in a targeted hacking attack.

Cheers
Jason A