[Simh] off-topic basic translator

Robert Thomas rft at asthomas.com
Thu Aug 6 11:53:37 EDT 2015

I'm sorry.  I've only installed it on Windows.  I'm sure others have experience with OS-X.  The networking and other installation issues are addressed in http://simh.trailing-edge.com/pdf/simh_faq.pdf see specifically:

2.3 How do I install SIMH on Unix/Linux/OS-X?
Ethernet support is available only on Linux, OS-X, NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD and Solaris.
- Unzip the archive of sources to a new directory. You must specify the -a switch to unzip for
proper conversion of Windows cr-lf sequences to UNIX newline sequences.
- The makefile included in the simh source distribution is a GNU make makefile. Some systems
have GNU make as the default make (i.e. Linux). If your system’s make is not GNU make, then
be sure to install the GNU make package first and then use the ‘gmake’ command instead of
‘make’:
% make all
- If you want Ethernet support in the PDP-11, VAX or VAX780, you should install your OS
distribution’s libpcap-devel package prior to building the simulator:
- More details about Ethernet installation and configuration can be found in the
0readme_ethernet.txt file in the simh sources.

Sincerely,
Robert F. Thomas

 44 Industrial Way
Norwood, MA USA 02062