[Simh] EXT :Re: PDP-10 simulation: DEUNA support help needed

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Apr 30 21:16:04 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <
Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

> Actually, even before low cost 3.5" drives were available, RAID was an
> industry acronym, but in those days it came from Redundant Array of
> Independent Disks.

​Yep - I was stay striping was an old idea, and around long before RAID
became popular when disk became cheap enough.  And yes, a number of systems
had implemented RAID on earlier disk technology.  Not at all surprising to
verify that VMS was one of the systems that had it.

Clem