[Simh] PDP-10/RP06 Disk Image Size

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon Apr 13 06:14:40 EDT 2015

On 13-Apr-15 01:21, khandy21yo wrote:
> Bad blocks

No.   Bad blocks for MASSBUS disks are within the
non-maintenance cylinders, and tracked in the BAT blocks.

See my previous note for the correct explanation.

For MSCP disks, spare blocks (a.k.a. the RCT that the controller uses
replace bad blocks) are indeed allocated above the LBN space.  But
they are separate from maintenance cylinders and are transparent to
the OS addressing. More or less. MSCP is layered and has various
implementation options.  But that's beyond the scope of the OP's
question.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.