[Simh] Virtual PDP-10 KI10 console panel

dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 23 15:57:13 EDT 2014

Il 23/10/2014 16:13, Jörg Hoppe ha scritto:
> It seems your 64bit Ubuntu has no support for 32 bit applications anymore.
>
> Must they ruin everything?
>
> Try this to run the 32bit SimH and the 32bit java:
>
> $ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
> $ sudo apt-get update
> $ sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386
> $ sudo apt-get install libpcap0.8:i386
> $ sudo apt-get install libXext6:i386 libXtst6:i386 libXi6:i386
>
> $  sudo ./start.sh

I think that this can surely work, but the true main point (apology for
the rather subtle initial nudge on it) is another: I don't know (and I'm
not interested on this) what reasons led you to release as
closed-source, but if you don't have access to a 64-bit Linux box, I
recommend to finding someone who has said access and can build for you a
64-bit binary; the debugging of a 36-bit machine emulator on 32 bit and
64 bit hosts is best to be done in parallel, IMVHO. And this of course
needs bug reporting from both word sizes.

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.