[Simh] VAX emulation on OpenVMS IA64 - Memory Exhausted

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Tue Nov 18 18:28:20 EST 2014

Hi Mark,

>I'm currently setting up a VAX emulator on OpenVMS IA64 8.4. When I have
>the memory configured for 512m I get a memory exhausted message on booting
>the emulator - I presume this is an account setting? The box is an RX2660
>with 16GB of memory.

As always, the exact error message would be helpful.

Running the emulator with 512M of RAM will require that the OpenVMS process
running the emulator will need a PAGEFILEQUOTA of at lease 1000000 and for
decent performance the WSQUOTA should be large too (but doesn't have to be
that large).

Regards,

        Jeremy Begg

  |            VSM Software Services Pty. Ltd.              |
  |                 http://www.vsm.com.au/                  |
  | P.O.Box 402, Walkerville, |  E-Mail:  jeremy at vsm.com.au |
  | South Australia 5081      |   Phone:  +61 8 8221 5188   |
  |  A.C.N. 068 409 156       |     FAX:  +61 8 8221 7199   |