[Simh] SIMH tape images to real tapes

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri May 23 20:40:29 EDT 2014

On Tue, 20 May 2014, Larry Baker wrote:

> Cory,
>
> I wrote a conversion program, SIMH2MTD, to translate a SIMH mag tape image file into my own MTD format.  I ran it on the RSX-11M-Plus SRC tape image.  Then I ran my TAPELOOK program on the result.  At a glance, the TAPELOOK scan of the MTD tape image looks the same as the scan of the original SIMH tape image.  You should be able to do the same with the SIMH tape image you've got.  My TAPELOOK program should produce the same scan of the SIMH tape image, the MTD tape image after you run it through SIMH2MTD, and the actual tape after you run that through MTD.

MOIRA::CSMELOSKY$ simh2mtd RSTSE_V10_1_INSTALL_SEP10_1992.TAP
rsts-conv.tap
Fortran Run-Time error:          140
%SYSTEM-F-DRVERR, fatal drive error
%TRACE-F-TRACEBACK, symbolic stack dump follows
module name     routine name                     line       rel PC    abs
PC

DO_CONVERT      DO_CONVERT                       1506      00000191
00011049
SIMH2MTD        SIMH2MTD                         1424      00000017
00010C17

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff