[Simh] SIMH tape images to real tapes

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Fri May 16 07:38:26 EDT 2014

Hi,

I did this with SimH and a real MicroVAX:
The SimH-VAX and the MicroVAX where connected over DECnet.
1)  a real TK50 tape was imaged into a VMS dump file on the MicroVAX,
2) this dump file was copied to the SimH-VAX over DECnet
3) the dump file was there written to the simulatd TK50,
4) resulting in a SimH tape image file on physical disk.

I archives 40 TK50 cartridges or so this way ... until all my TK50
drives were broken ;-)

Read here about the setup:
http://retrocmp.com/decnet

Joerg