[Simh] Nova emulator

Anders Magnusson ragge at ludd.ltu.se
Sun Mar 9 16:41:10 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I took a look at the simh Nova emulator, and when reading the
documentation it seems that neither the MMU nor the FPU is supported.
Is this correct or just the docs lagging behind?

I would like to fix Nova 840 support, that's why I am asking, and since
the docs say nothing about Nova800 either I assume it is missing :-)

So, any special recommendations if I would like to write that?

Two other questions related to this:
- Are the test programs for these extensions available in some form?
- Is MRDOS (Mapped RDOS) for Nova available somewhere?

I have the software myself, but unfortunately only on either paper tape,
which I have difficulties reading, on 8" floppy (and no floppy drive),
or 6045 pack (but no 6045...)

I do have the corresponding listings also for some of the SW (like NMORT).

-- Ragge