[Simh] PCL-11?

Alan Frisbie frisbie at flying-disk.com
Sun Jun 29 12:32:58 EDT 2014

> Does anyone know anything about the PCL-11 communications stuff
> and have any plans to implement it?  I can't find too much about
> it in a quick 20-second look, others will likely fare better.

I used it on both PDP-11/44 (RSX-11M+) and VAX/780 (VMS) systems
back in the early 1980s.   I even had to work on the VMS device
driver so that DECnet would work.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the documentation or code from
those projects.   Just the memory that Field Service had a
terrible time adjusting the PCL bus timing so that they would
work.   Those wide cables were not pleasant to work with.

If you have any specific questions, it might jog some dusty bits
loose in my mind.

Alan Frisbie