[Simh] Ultrix 1.0

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Jun 28 04:37:27 EDT 2014

On Jun 28, 2014 1:25 AM, "dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico" <dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Il 27/06/2014 13:01, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm ha scritto:
>
> >> After some misgivings, it actually works here !
> >>
> >> (my build is: MicroVAX I (KA610) simulator V4.0-0 Beta        git commit id: 796cbd27)
> >
> > Can you elaborate on the 'misgivings' or can you describe what 'works'?
>
> my mistakes in configuring from the printout of sh con given by Henry
> Bent...

So, what you mean is that you can boot Henry's disk in the simulator, not that when you boot it networking 'works'.  Right??

> > Git commit id is from back in November 2013.  Can you confirm that what you believe worked with that version also works with the latest codebase at https://github.com/simh/simh/archive/master.zip
>
> Either I can't have figured how to set some params, or perhaps was
> implemented but not settable back then; in particular, I can't set, or
> don't get how to set "vector=HHH" but ULTRIX booted and I can do simple
> quick testing with "no vector" in the configuration (ls, cat |more and
> like, I live in southern Italy, and the overheating of actual hardware
> IS an issue for me; if you want that I do more specific looking in
> depth, I'll try to do this during the night....)

The DEQNA device does not have a vector set by switches.  The vector is set programmatically by the device driver.  This is also true for the RQ (MSCP) and TQ (TMSCP) devices as well.

- Mark