[Simh] Principal vintage software developer

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Tue Jun 17 15:14:28 EDT 2014

> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 23:18:33 -0700
> From: Mark Abene <phiber at phiber.com>

> The kilt reference is what we call a "joke".
> If I wore a giant sombrero to work, it would no doubt be all over the
> Internet.

I knew it was a joke, or I'd not have addressed it.

But my friend Al was not joking.  Things were briefly bad in the umbrella
organization that pays the engineering staff at the museum, and Ian and I
got caught in that.  It's no longer a problem, but we lost Ian because of
it.

> There is still humor left in the world, I'm sure of it.

Oh, there is.  Trouble is, some of the wounds are still salty.

                                                                Rich