[Simh] Principal vintage software developer

Rich Alderson simh at alderson.users.panix.com
Mon Jun 16 20:06:02 EDT 2014

>>> http://www.vulcan.com/About/Job-Listings?jvi=oTAQYfw1,Job

>>> Brush off your PDP and CDC skills.

>> I would suggest emailing Ian King before considering a job there.

> ...and getting fitted for a kilt.

Ian was the only person at LCM who wore a kilt; it's not a job requirement.

I won't try to speak for Ian, but I will point out that he posted a defense of
the job listing (as did Mike Ross) at The Register when commentors on this same
listing took cheap shots at it based on no information.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/06/10/vintage_coder_remember_control_data_the_lcm_wants_you/

Feel free to ask me about it, too.  I won't lie about it.  I am, after all, in
the same job as Ian was and I've been here 5 years longer.  (I interviewed Ian
for the job.)

                                                                Rich