[Simh] 4.3BSD Quasijarus0c on the VAX-11/730

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jul 1 06:09:17 EDT 2014

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, Christian Gauger-Cosgrove wrote:

> I've even tried the VAX 8200 console RL02 that comes with Quasijarus,
> it halts with a "%BOOT-F-Unable to locate BOOT fil" (unless set to
> conhalt whereupon it loops trying to boot the RL and failing).

Attach it to CS instead.  It's the "console RL" after all.

sim> boot cs

Please remove the volume "" from the console device.

> So, at present, I'm stuck. I cannot for the life of me figure out how
> to get this to work. I know that Quasijarus will work on the 11/730,
> but I cannot get to the point of running the standalone format or copy
> programs on the 730.

The VAX-11/780's FLOAD command is very helpful for stuff like this...wish
the console RL for the 8600 implemented the same...LS for the console
device would help, too.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff