[Simh] PDP11 simulator and .TAP files from bitsavers

Gene Irwin geneirwin at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 14:51:06 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the mailing list, forgive me if this has been asked.

I'm using the 4.0 release of simh and I've tried everything I can think
of to make the tape images from bitsavers work.

There are 5 magtape images in the RSTS 7 folder and I have tried in vain
to mount them using every option available.

I can not get the sysgen image to boot.  So I built from the RL01 images
in the software kits area of the simh site.

With RSTS running I have tried to mount the rsx distribution tape
(missing from the RL01 images on the kits page) and
have yet to successfully mount any magtape images with the pdp11 simulator.

I have recopied the image repeatedly and just can't get it to mount
properly either to boot or read in RSTS.

Any ideas?