[Simh] FrontPanel library on simh ?

Stefano Bodrato stefano_bodrato at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 11:50:22 EST 2014

Hello,  my name is Stefano and I'm a retro-computing enthusiast.
My main project is z88dk, a cross-dev kit for the z80, but after working for years on it I got enough C programming skills o be able to port the emulators I needed on Windows or to provide them extra drivers (to make them more ‘modern’or portable, i.e. using SDL or Allegro).

I recently ported the "frontpanel" library to Windows (I can provide a DLL if it makes life easier, it is already part of the z80pack project mantained by Udo Munk) and woring on the FrontPanel project I could see the beauty of those ancient monsters (such as the DG NOVA)...  I’m secretly in love of the EDSAC, but sadly it wouldn’t be a practical hobby !

I think to be able to provide a non-intrusive merge of the frontpanel related code (keeping al the FP lib references optional) and in general to be able to contribute the project.
I'm also getting in touch to an italian team which recently restored a PDP 11, which is also the main reason for this message: I'll probably try to emulate the PDP 11 frontpanel anyway.
Do you think that adding the "front panel" emulation in your core 'git' project is something which might interest you ?
If so I'd be very happy to send contributions, to be added to the developement team or just to post a snapshot of the code I've obtained so far.

Thank you everybody for this beautiful project,

Stefano Bodrato