[Simh] Feature request

Peter Svensson psvsimh at psv.nu
Sun Dec 7 01:07:45 EST 2014

On 2014-12-07 02:03, Timothe Litt wrote:
> On 06-Dec-14 19:16, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm wrote:
>>
>> After a little more thought, I realize that although this (using '#!/usr/bin/vax' )
>> will work for basic legacy simh scripts, several of the new simh command features
>> won't work (i.e. GOTO, Conditional trapping via ON, SHIFT, etc.).  The issue here
>> is that when a simulator is invoked this way, commands are coming from stdin
>> and not a simh command file which does support these other commands.
Hi,

I am not sure I understand the issue here. The shebang ("#!") makes the
shell execute the remainder of that line and pass the path to the script
as the final argument. At least that is true on any system I have worked
on. Where does the stdin come into the picture?

I feel I am missing something here.

Peter