[Simh] OpenVMS 7.2 VAX telnet failure

Lorenzo lore.cfr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:24:57 EDT 2014

What nmap is reporting should be the traffic from the VAX to the client.
No matter the client I use (e.g. telnet.exe, PuTTY...), all I get is an
endless stream of chars, which matches what appears in the traffic dump.
Upgrading to SIMH 4.0 beta had no effect - after 14 hours I experienced the
same exact problem.
During the telnet outage, which happened after ~14 hours of SIMH running,
FTP was still working fine.