[Simh] Various PDP11 fixes and enhancements

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Sep 6 11:40:19 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-06 17:13, Bob Supnik wrote:
> 1. RK611 bug - RK07 not recognized on RSTS/E. Fixed. New version
> smoke-tested with VMS, M+, RSTS/E, and RT.

Nice!

> 2. RS03/RS04 - third Massbus adapter with RS03/RS04 fixed head disk.
> Only tested with RT11, as M+ and RSTS/E support requires a unique
> SYSGENs. Feel free to hack on it.

Is this something specific to a third massbus, or just a case of the
RS03/RS04 devices as such? I mean, on M+ you can have all type of
devices on the same massbus.

> 3. PDP11 CPU - MMR1 no longer tracks changes to the PC. The issue that
> it should not track changes in floating point instructions is still open.

I wasn't aware of any discussions. Could you, or someone sum it up? Is
it a question of whether MMR1 should reflect changes to the general
registers if a FP instruction is aborted? If so, I'm pretty sure they
should be. I think I have read it somewhere in some documentation, and
could try and locate it, if that really is the question.

Also, MMR1 might reflect changes to the PC as well, as far as I can read
documentation... But it's "complicated". :-)

	Johnny