[Simh] single cycle stepping for pdp11

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Sep 6 05:25:27 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-06 02:11, Doug Snyder wrote:
> do you have any examples of what you mean when you say "different models
> do different amounts of work in a single cycle"?

Look at
http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/dec/pdp11/handbooks/PDP11_Handbook1979.pdf,
appendix B.

Example:

     MOV (R0)+,(R1)+

11/34: 3 memory cycles
11/44: 2 memory cycles
11/60: 2 memory cycles
11/70: 2 memory cycles

I think most other smaller/slower machines all use 3 memory cycles, but
I would suspect things like the J11 to also only use two memory cycles.

	Johnny