[Simh] DEQNA boot

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Mon Oct 21 12:12:45 EDT 2013

It would depend on how you got there.

If the system was wired to go directly to the boot ROM on powerup (mode
2, I believe), the microcode would set PS = 340. However, if you entered
microODT and then jumped to the boot ROM via 173000G, the microcode
would set PS = 0. Note that the SimH PDP11 doesn't simulate the boot
ROMs; it uses workalikes.

Nonetheless, the clock shouldn't interrupt... provided that the system
had a real clock card, with an interrupt disable. If it was an original
11/23 with the half height card, then the line clock (BEVENT L) had no
interrupt disable, just like on the LSI11/2. So a clock interrupt was
certainly possible if the bootstrap was started manually.

Tim Litt pointed out that I could add a switch for starting boot code
with PS = 0, but I can't see a use case that makes sense.

/Bob