[Simh] Unable to telnet to other hosts

David Holland david.w.holland at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 08:26:12 EST 2013

The error implies he doesn't have a local hosts database file.

This is  what's on one of my systems:

$ show log  TCPIP$HOST
   "TCPIP$HOST" = "SYS$COMMON:[SYSEXE]TCPIP$HOST.DAT;1" (LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)
$ type TCPIP$HOST
127.0.0.1  LOCALHOST
<etc>

I *think* running @SYS$MANAGER:TCPIP$CONFIG and configuring the
primary interface should have added a hostname/IP address alias to the
local hosts database file.   Its been a long time since I had to do
reconfigure it.      I'd say run it again, and poke around in the core
environment menu.

I think you can also create a hosts database with the TCPIP command,
and the "CREATE HOST" sub-command.

See:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83final/6524/6524pro_002.html

David