[Simh] What does "DUP" stand for ?

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Thu May 30 15:21:13 EDT 2013

DUP-11 is a comm device - sync line controller.

The DUP protocol is part of the packet-based mass storage protocols used
by CI (e.g. HSC), DSSI, and UQSSP controllers.
Yes, it's Diagnostic Utility Protocol.  It's used for configuring,
monitoring and running diagnostics on the embedded microcontroller
(often a PDP-11 or VAX) that runs a storage controller.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.