[Simh] Speaking of cards

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon May 27 15:12:19 EDT 2013

Al,

Thanks.  I'll look for them.  I just figured out how to scan and convert
so the size comes out right, which was non trivial.

I scanned at 100dpi (close to screen resolution), used imagemagick's
convert -colors 256 in.png out.xpm.  I couldn't get resize or resample
or any other permutations to produce the right size from higher
resolution scans.

Anyhow, I've added one pink and one Harvard card.  Do you want the scans
for your collection?

In one case I had to unpunch a few holes...sorta like the scotch tape I
used to use with chad  and the duplicator when I was desperate.  But
easier :-)

I'll add yours and will see if the originator wants to take the changes;
else I guess it will go to tools of simh.

I also found some detailed reference material on the 029; there's a lot
to do for a reasonable emulation.  I'd forgotten that they did check
digits of fields with relay logic!  I'll ping the author (said he wanted
feedback/suggestions, but that was 10 years ago!).  If he's no longer
interested, I may play some, or just post the task list to the list and
see if someone else bites.  In any case, I'm pretty sure I don't have
the skills to wrap an X-windows image of an arbitrary drum card around a
cylinder and rotate it while the machine works.

Hopefully I won't spend the night sneezing from all the dust this has
kicked up.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.