[Simh] TOPS-20 Source with KMC11 Driver Code?

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Sun May 19 12:01:02 EDT 2013

The bugcheck is saying that the RDYO is set, but not RDYI on an A
interrupt.  (KMCRDI is 20; RDO is 200)

RDYO should always go to IVB; RDYI to IVA.

Since we took an IVA interrupt, the driver thinks its trying to give the
KMC a command, but the interrupt is going to the wrong vector since RDYI
is not set.  So either you're generating an IVA but setting the wrong
status bit, or generating an Ivb event but not to the right vector.  Or
perhaps you have an overrun - the interrupt has to be cleared when the
drive clears the RDx bit.

The data looks like a DDCMP start, less the CRCs.  That indicates that a
fair bit of stuff is working; this is the data that the -10 provides to
the KMC.

Yes, the KMC is supposed to add (and check) the CRC-16s. (Header and
data) - unless CRC inhibit (1000) is set in BSEL6 by a control in.
CRC errors are reported by control out bits.  Since the KMC both adds on
transmit and removes/checks on receive, and you are running over an
error-checked transport, you can get away with not simulating this -
unless you want to interoperate with an interface that does add the CRCs.

Even if the systems are cloned, the DDCMP layer should come up; you'll
die later when transport detects a duplicate DECnet node number.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.