[Simh] PDP-10 DECtapes

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Thu Mar 28 08:24:16 EDT 2013

J189B is the RSX20F V14-17 AUX dectape
J190C is the V14-45 system tape
J331A is the the V12-40 AUX tape.

All of these are Files-11 format (16-bit).

DCZBA decodes to a KA/KI diagnostic, but it turns out to be the 'basic
peripheral diagnostic'; it probably wasn't renamed for the KL.
According to the label on bitsavers
(http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/bits/DEC/pdp10/dectape/diag/MAINDEC-10-DCZBA-C-UB_4-73.dta.txt),
this is a 16-bit formatted tape containing 11-based KL10 diagnostics.
So the filename may be wrong...

In any case, you don't have any -10 format DECtape images.

I have some physical 10-format tapes, but not the means to transcribe
them. They're not of general interest; personal files.

I vaguely remember that someone has captured real 36-bit DECtapes, but
the details escape me.  Al Kossow may remember...

A previous note pointed you to the OS/8 doc on how to configure for
different hardware.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.