[Simh] HP2100 ptr device

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Wed Jun 19 00:04:44 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 15:29, Quentin North wrote:

> Has anyone got the simh ptr device to read a "paper tape" file on the
> HP2100?

I use the paper tape reader regularly under DOS and RTE to load both source
and binary tape images.  Also, as documented in "hp2100_diag.txt", the PTR
device passes the paper tape reader diagnostic.

That said, I've never tried to use it under TSB.

> I seem to be having problems getting a ptr to read when using HP
> Access system with the ptr attached to the IOP HP2100. Access reports
> the PR0 device as not ready, but all indications on the IOP HP2100 simh
> console are that the input file is open and the ptr is attached.

What does the DEVICE command report?  And is SIMH configured to put the
paper tape reader on the same select code as is reported by DEVICE?

                                      -- Dave