[Simh] Nova and Asynchronous Multiplexers

Mats Persson sm0oom at bredband.net
Sat Jun 15 17:05:27 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have not been able to figure out how to use the terminal multiplexers on the
Nova simulator. Using the standard Telnet client on Ubuntu 12.04 I get as far
as the message "Connected to the NOVA simulator ALM device, line 0" but after
that there is no response.

I'm using the RDOS disk image that is available on the Software Kits page
(rdos_d31.dsk). Since I'm by no means an RDOS expert it may well be an RDOS
configuration problem. I have the same problem with the second terminal (TTI1
and TTO1).

I have compiled the latest SIMH release (V3.9-0) on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04. The
results are the same using the version that comes with Ubuntu or using a 32-
bit platform.

Does anyone have a clue how to get this working?

/Mats