[Simh] Ethernet connection problems

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Dec 18 06:42:59 EST 2013

Hi.

On 2013-12-18 12:27, Priya Chincholikar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing SIMH on RedHat VM. I seem to have Ethernet connection
> problems.
>

> # usr/local/vax/bin/vax
>
> MicroVAX 3900 simulator V4.0-0 Beta        git commit id: 25a62c28
> NVR: buffering file in memory
> usr/local/vax/bin/vax.ini-34> attach XQ eth0
> Command not allowed

^^^^^^^^ This is your obvious problem.

Others might have more useful comments here, but looking at the config file:

> ; Attach Ethernet to a network interface
> set XQ mac=08-00-2B-AC-AC-B1
> set XQ type=DELQA
> attach XQ eth0

I'm not sure if XQ is enabled by default or not. You could try adding
set XQ enable.

Other than that, I would possibly suspect that it didn't manage to build
with ethernet support.

	Johnny