[Simh] Anyone Have a SIMH Disk Image of a Phase III Node That Uses KDP or DUP?

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Fri Aug 2 07:17:05 EDT 2013

DEC shipped a product kit for DECnet that was simply a patch to enable
it.  It's kicking around the net.

Phase III is useful because Phase II nodes (and TOPS-20 on the KS is
one) can talk to it.  DECnet provided compatibility, but only between
adjacent Phases...

So with a Phase III node, one can have T20 -> PIII -> PIV -> PV -> anything.

But even just Phase III gets around the 2-sync line limitation of the -20.

Either VMS or RSX would work for Rob's purposes.  (I have the same
requirement, but haven't tracked down an old VMS kit. )

So would TOPS-10 V7.02 - which I should have, but it's not on a disk
I've restored as yet.  Too many projects, not enough hours.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.