[Simh] Physical serial ports and SIMH

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Wed Aug 14 02:38:43 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm in need of accessing physical tty's from SimH now too, see this
BeagleBone installation with 4x RS232:

http://retrocmp.com/projects/pdp-11-70-panel-on-blinkenbone

One idea was to let SimH simulate additional serial ports over telnet as
usual.
Access to physical ttys should be made outside SimH with some
"telnet-server-to-tty" bridge on the BeagleBone Linux itself.
For MS-Windows such solutions exist, search for "IPCOMSERVER".
But I found nothing similar on Linux.

Did anybody researched in that direction?

Joerg