[Simh] DECnet for TOPS-10

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Thu Apr 18 22:26:54 EDT 2013

> how can I check in TOPS-20 to see if the device is visible
> and then install DECnet?
You need to install DECnet first.  It's pretty easy.
   See
http://ia801607.us.archive.org/21/items/bitsavers_decpdp10TOTMTOPS20DECnet20ProgrammersGuideJan80_10120529/AA-5091B-TM_TOPS-20_DECnet-20_Programmers_Guide_Jan80.pdf

ps:<system>4-1-config.cmd
add 1 line:
NODE name number (e.g. NODE HAPPY 7.3)

ps:<system>sysjob.run
Look for last job.  If FAL or NETCON is missing, add as follows at end
of file:
JOB <n+1> \LOG OPERATOR XX OPERATOR
ENA
RUN SYS:FAL
\
JOB <n+2> \LOG OPERATOR XX OPERATOR
ENA
RUN SYS:NETCON
\

(n.b. XX is literal - NOT the operator password.)

Reboot

$opr
opr> enter ncp
ncp> show known lines
ncp> show known circuits
ncp> exit
opr> exit

(Add char, stat, or count to the show commands as desired.  ? will give
in-line help.)

inf decnet for quick node status.

For TOPS-10:
MONGEN will prompt for the DECnet node name/number, etc.  Build & boot
the monitor.

.resources should (I think) show KDP, and you should see KDPLDR run at
startup

.r opr
(same)

or
.network /anf
.network /decnet

.node <name> for reachability of a node

Enjoy.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.