[Simh] Formally documenting PDP tape drive behavior (and other facets of SIMH and the systems it emulates)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sun Apr 7 17:55:41 EDT 2013

> From: "Armistead, Jason" <Jason.Armistead at otis.com>
> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:55:18 +0000

> Capturing this knowledge is a hard thing to do, and with retrocomputing we
> are presently at a point in time where we can still rely on folks who
> designed, built, tested, operated and programmed these systems, and in some
> cases they still even have running systems available for experimentation and
> measurement.  But what happens when that is no longer the case ?

Regarding the knowledge capture, this seems like a perfect thing for a
wiki.  There is this one here: <http://gunkies.org/wiki/PDP-11>,
although I confess I cringe every time I read the URL... it should
really be hosted someplace more inviting than "gunkies.org" IMO.
     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>