[Simh] Connecting to Ethernet

david.d.miller at att.net david.d.miller at att.net
Mon Sep 3 19:08:27 EDT 2012

Sergey

That was a big help, but I'm not there yet.  I did the following

$ sudo ./ linux-tap.sh create br0 eth0 tap0 david
$ sudo vax    ; to start SIMH
simh>   ; the usual stuff
simh> set xq mac=bla bla
simh> att tap0  ;  hooray, this is the first time this succeeded.
simh> boot cpu

When logged into VMS, I could PING and TELNET to LOCALHOST (and 127.0.0.1).   But alas, not to my physical host.  And my physical host can't see the VAX either.

But I did so many things to get to this point that something else might be screwed up, so I need to reboot linux and start this drill again.

Thanks for a great start!

Any other suggestions?