[Simh] even older PDP-10 macro

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon Nov 26 14:53:44 EST 2012

One big syntax change that happened between Macro V52 and Macro V53, was that support for "line starting with comma is a comment" was removed. The change that removed this support, seems to be reversible, i.e. a later Macro version could have this support added back in. I don't know when the change for semantics of complex macros was changed. Most of my efforts with early Macro sources, are related to compiling the PDP-6 monitor sources that are available, and it's been a long time since I've messed with that.

Can't help with V47. But my notes on Macro versions from 50A onwards, including where they are available in the archives:

50A(441)        1-Jul-1976  As a Non-DEC update on DECUS 10-301
                          to add a user pushdown stack
                      Patch between DEC and Non-DEC seems reversible.

53(1020)        27-Feb-1978 Has edit history from 50A through 53.
                         TOPS-20 release 3

53A(1152)       19-Jul-1979 TOPS-20 release 3A

53B(1242)       3-Aug-1983  TOPS-20 release 6.1

53B(1244)       28-Jan-1986 March 86 TOPS-10 CUSP tapes

53B(1244)       13-Nov-85   TOPS-20 KS UPD

53B(1247)       29-Aug-86   Sept 88 TOPS-10 CUSP tapes

53B(1252)       24-Jun-88   TOPS-10 7.04 TSU01