[Simh] Simh and OpenVMS Integrity V8.4 Network Support issues

Matt scope.matthew at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 30 19:47:10 EDT 2012

On 30/03/2012 20:54, Maurizio De Tommaso (Gmail) wrote:

> simh> show xq eth
> ETH devices:
>  0  LL0 (VMS Device: _LLA0:)   <--- the network adapter used by
> OpenVMS Integrity protocols
>  1  IE1 (VMS Device: _EIB0:)

I've not tested the PCAP code with a logical LAN device. I don't know
how it deals with promiscuous mode. I guess that EIB0 is not part of the
logical set?
For my testing I used the second LAN adapter, which is connected to the
same network as the primary adapter. I'll power up the Integrity
tomorrow and get the details of my setup.

Matt